[CAUT] Without tipping it (the piano, not the waiter..)

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:52:15

Hi Michelle,

The UST-8 has a lighter frame than the venerable ust-7. It is less stable
and very sensitive to moving stresses. Put them on proper piano dollies,
add a back cover and humidify and your tuning problems may disappear.

As to the bridge repair I'd tip it and use epoxy. If you don't have a
tilter then put down 2 2x4" and get two strong students to do the tip.