[CAUT] Without tipping it (the piano, not the waiter..)

michelle stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:46:35 -0400

Hello folks..

Quick question here..

Last night I went to the local high school I take care of, and my Kawai
UST-8's (which NEVER STAY IN TUNE) have personal problems like crazy. (I
cannot stand these pianos- sorry Don Mannino!!)      :(

Long story short..

The bass bridge (the WHOLE THING) is becoming unglued from the apron.
I'm not even sure if the apron itself isn't losing it.. I dont think so.
You should hear the almost dead, stinky ferret gurgling it's last breath
when I play the bass notes.

There's a fantastic "Solo Fest" they are having this next Tuesday and they
need all the pianos tuned there.

OK.

This thing is SO BAD- I can't even postpone repair until a later time.
It just cannot be used.

What I was thinking to do was to remove all the bass strings and either
yellow glue it with clamps of some kind (??) or use some epoxy. Time is the
biggest factor here.

What suggestions would you folks have (other than blowing it up and saying
"What piano????") to get this done quick WITHOUT TIPPING IT OVER for repair.

Thanx in advance,
Michelle