[CAUT] International standard?

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:21:47 -0400

On Wednesday, April 27, 2005, at 03:20 PM, Ed Sutton wrote:

> The result is that our music is no
> longer in tune with the natural resonances of the solar system.  This
> happens at A-432hz., which is the true interplanetary standard pitch.

I don't know about all that, but have any of you guys seen this latest
craze with tuning forks having healing power?  Maybe if we changed the
A440 standard to whatever it is that pitch needs to be in your brain
waves, we could significantly lower the cost of HEALTH CARE in this
country just by getting people to listen to music.  Maybe then, the
cost of gasoline wouldn't SEEM so outrageous, so UPS wouldn't have a
reason to run up shipping costs and we could afford to send off our
keysets for new tops.......

And, that would, in effect, turn piano technicians into health care
professionals, and increase the demand for piano tunings.........

(how's that for bringing it back around to the piano business?)

See ya'll tomorrow.
Jeff