[CAUT] International standard?

Tunethepno@aol.com Tunethepno@aol.com
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:49:19 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2005 8:41:31 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
jtanner@mozart.sc.edu writes:

It was  not until sometime around 1920 that the
US adopted this standard, again,  to the best of my recollection

I used to have a tuning fork that said something to the effect of "A-440
International standard 1917".  Since I don't have it any more and don't  know who
the manufacturer was, I can only assume that some sort of consensus  among
some countries was reached in 1917. Not particularly helpful, I  know.
John Stroup