[CAUT] pitch under the lights

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:46:43 -0600

At 08:25 PM 4/25/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Barbara,
>
>Dr. Mannino has the cure. I could not have written it better myself.
>
>-Phil

Same here, Barbara. Don pretty well nailed it, I think. If an hour isn't
available, a minimum of 15 minutes will usually take care of it. Also, it's
helpful to know if the desk will be in place for performance. Lighting
angles can play a big part in the high treble, sometimes. It sounds like
your temperature change isn't severe. A 4 cent drift at 440 is less than 5
or 6 degrees Fahrenheit. The best way to be sure, (and predictable in the
future), is to measure temps and pitch before, at intermission, and just
after. I really like my cheapo Radio Shack infrared thermometer, but.... I
fell in lust with the one I saw at the radiator shop. Way cool, with a
laser pointer and everything! I didn't ask how much he paid for it, and he
didn't leave it under the hood!

Good luck,
Guy