[CAUT] Regluing dags

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:11:57 EDT

=20
In a message dated 4/20/2005 3:10:29 P.M. Central Standard Time, =20
pianotech@nhpianos.com writes:

=20
I pulled the action from a 70=E2=80=99s  S&S B today, only to find three of=20=
the dags=20
had popped loose and fallen  over to the bass end of the case the last time=20
the piano was moved. I guess  I=E2=80=99ve been lucky so far, as the only ti=
me I=E2=80=99ve=20
ever had to reglue one of these  puppies I had the plate and block out of th=
e=20
piano so access wasn=E2=80=99t a problem.  Does anybody have any words of wi=
sdom=20
regarding locating and clamping the dags  without removing the damper tray,=20=
etc.?=20
Thanks,  =20
Mark  Dierauf

Mark
=20
There should be clear indications where the dags belong. Michelle gave you =20
some good advice as far as what glues to use, but to make sure they are tigh=
t, =20
use a hammer shank, cut to size, as a clamp between the belly rail and the=20
dag.=20
=20
Wim =20

Willem Blees,  RPT