[CAUT] keytop polish...scratches

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:05:48 -0700

List,

I went to my local TAP Plastics store and found a wealth of polishes, cleaners, fine scratch polish, heavy scratch polish (3 step process...which I haven't investigated)  Something called De-Solv-it for removing glues, crayons, gum whatever, another cleaner called Brillianize.   I bought a package of cotton rag (sort of like paper towels) and with the fine scratch remover and the rags and little muscle cleaned up the keytops like new.   They had a 2 wheel Baldor buffer, #114, 1800 rpms, 1/4 horsepower that I think John Ross said he uses.   I'd like one...but until then I have some lo-tech stuff that seems to work.

David I.