[CAUT] Harpsichord questions (long)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:17:46 -0500

At 07:03 4/18/2005, you wrote:
>The professor that built the harpsichord said that perhaps the
>harpsichordist would tune it themselves.
>
>David Vanderhoofven
>Joplin, Missouri

True story time:

When I first got here (1981), the organist (who is retiring this year) also
taught harpsichord.  I remember having a discussion about the course I was
teaching, and he thought maybe he should take my course... I made the
comment, "Well,  every self-respecting harpsichordist tunes their own
instrument".

He never learned to tune, but within 5 years we had (and still have -
though not the same) a harpsichord instructor who did/does.
;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer
Decorah, IA

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely.
It's gone right now and didn't leave a forwarding address.