[CAUT] Replacing plastic flange on spinet wippen

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:49:01 -0400

Jeff Olson wrote:

> I love this solution.  I can't understand why it didn't occur to me
> (perhaps it had something to do with the close and unblinking scrutiny
> of the madam of the house).

I'm going to gracefully disagree. As much as I do not like working on
spinets, this particular job/repair has yielded me personally some good
return on my time. I admit I do not enjoy sitting under a keybed for
hrs. at a time shattering the remainders and replacing with the Acrylic
elbows, but I price it to a point where the client either does all of
them or call someone else. Most Lester Spinet owners I have encountered
love their piano..there's some sort of sentimental value placed with
them with most of these owners.

I don't like it because of my body position, but in the end, they have a
functioning piano and my pocketbook feels better for it.

-Phil