[CAUT] Fwd: Chihuly Steinway

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:06:30 -0500

So Jim, how was the tone quality?  Was it glassy?  yuk...yuk...yuk...

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Busby=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:41 PM
  Subject: RE: [CAUT] Fwd: Chihuly Steinway

  Hi Barbara,

  =20

  There are "windows" (for lack of a better term) with glass. So the lid =
is not solid structurally, but still heavy. I think one lid prop could =
flex the lid and if someone leaned on it they would break all that =
glass.

  =20

  Sundance film festival. They had 4 of the "Steinway legends" and they =
didn't really use them for concerts, just for the public to play, =
although I did have to tune them daily. (The room was awful! Hot & cold =
w/ radiant heaters) In addition to the 4 "legends" they brought #365 for =
nightly concerts. A GREAT piano! I tuned it nightly for the concerts but =
the others were just for the public. Some great jazz artists there.

  =20

  Regards

  =20

-----