[CAUT] Replacing plastic flange on spinet wippen

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:30:29 -0700

I encountered an "interesting" (as in Chinese curse) repair the other =
day -- replacing a shattered plastic wippen on a Lester "plasticized" =
spinet.  Didn't want to remove the action, since that promised to =
shatter more of those wonderful plastic flanges, plus be ridiculously =
time-consuming (I'd ask how much you all would charge to remove a spinet =
action and repair this one flange -- along with the others that would =
likely break -- but I wouldn't want to risk offending the antitrust gods =
yet again:-).

Anyhow, to make a long story short, though no less painful, I finally =
managed to replace the **($$#@! flange.  I won't describe my methods; =
rather, I'm hoping to hear from anyone here what techniques, magical or =
scientific or otherwise, they might employ toward this end.

Best,

Jeff O