[CAUT] Pricing of upright versus grand hammer installation

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:35:17 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/2005 8:40:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jlolson@cal.net writes:

No need  to name specific prices -- which would doubtless violate some
obscure  anti-trust law -- I'm just interested in what people here think the
"basic" price differential should be between installing grand and upright
hammers, based on the respective labor typically necessary for the two
(apart from the obvious purchase differential).

After all these  years, the question struck me with sudden force when I
happened to  undertake simultaneously three hammer hanging projects of
each --  hammering home, so to speak, the relative difference in effort
required.

Best,

JeffO

Jeff

You know the price difference between the parts, so what you want to know  is
the price differential as far as how much time it takes to do each  job. In
that case, you can probably answer your own question. If you are only
replacing hammers, does it take longer to remove upright hammers than grand  hammers?
Is there time difference in traveling, spacing,  and burning upright hammers
and grand hammers? Are you including  regulating the action too, and is there a
difference between the two.

Wim