[CAUT] a new one for me

Christopher Purdy purdy@ohio.edu
Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:35:48 -0400

On Apr 7, 2005, at 3:02 PM, Jeff Tanner wrote:

> They all know my office number -- it's right next to the locker room,
> across from the elevator with a sign that says "PIANO SHOP".  Can't
> miss it.  My email address has the same formula as any other faculty
> member.  My phone number and email is on the school of music faculty
> and staff web page.  They just don't bother.

Yeah, I have forms, message board, daily notes of where in the building
I can be found, phone, fax,  voice mail, email, and I even post my
personal cell phone number.  Still they leave no messages about a
problem for me but complain to faculty and administration that I didn't
fix the problem I didn't know about.  Not that I'm bitter...

One piano faculty member wants me to go through all forty something
practice rooms on a weekly basis and check for tuning, any action
problems, pedals working, and dust the keyboards.  And my wife wonders
why I drink.

> Guess what.  Just found a ripped off piece of photocopied music in my
> mailbox outside my door with a note on the back.  No name.  Just
> "broken string in 045. please fix it."

They said "please"?

Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
School of Music, Ohio University