[CAUT] pianist lubricating keys

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 05 Apr 2005 13:39:54 -0500

At 13:29 4/5/2005, you wrote:
>We had DICKRAN ATAMIAN performing with our community orchestra
>over the weekend and he lubricated the keytops with some type
>of SHOE POLISH. I suspected he might be doing this, but
>confirmed it only after his performance. I thought it might
>have silicone in it, based on how difficult it was to remove.
>The sharps seem to be contaminated still.
>

>Has anyone else encountered such foolishness?
>
>John Minor

Fortunately, no, but years ago one local yokel thought that magic marker
would be just the thing to show me which note wasn't working the way he
wanted it...

Suggest the powers that be send the "artiste" a bill for new keytops... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.