[CAUT] Agraffe noise

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:13:44 EDT

Wim asks:
<<
I don't quite understand what you are accomplishing by "hammering" the
string into a new position. Could you explain further, please. >>

By giving the string a rap straight downwards, it snaps back upwards on its
own elasticity, hitting the top of the string hole in the agraffe.  This seems
to often seat the string in the agraffe.  I don't know exactly how or why it
works so often, but I have successfully removed agraffe sizzles with this
procedure for years.

Ed Foote RPT