[CAUT] A question of ethics

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:51:20 EDT

-------------------------------1094136679
In a message dated 9/2/2004 7:27:05 AM Pacific Standard Time, Erwinspiano
writes:

 List

  If you were directing a client to me a rebuilder  where you thought your
client would get the best possible personal  service & product & or to purchase
a "rebuilt" Stwy Mason etc.  then discover that my soundboard & bridges were
literal firewood, would  my credibility suffer in your eyes? & would you
suggest your client continue  with me thru the process or purchase my product.

  Or when someone calls & want a tuning & you  can't do it, do you send them
to the rookie or person hasn't yet learned  stability? Or worse yet one who
doesn't care that much.
  Please vote on or off line

    I have seen many over shimmed  soundboards & bridges  that were literal
firewood, In my  opinion shimming such junk leaves one Culpable to a shoddy
substandard  rebuild product being passed off as first rate to the public just
because it  says Stwy on it and looks pretty. Often such are sold by  dealers.

   These are my the issues.  In the  process of the rebuilding thought
process Someone needs to draw the line &  say I'm not going to a party to this kind
of thing. These are my standards &  this is what I want to be known for.

    I draw the line in my shop &  replace flat boards with no bearing or too
many  cracks.  Imagine my reputation if I put out the other type  product. No
one on the list would take my seriously would  they?

  I guess each has to make there own line & live with  it. It's not like
religion at all.

  Regards,
   Dale

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...