[CAUT] back duplex

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:00:46 -0600

Hi Lance,

I am going to express myself once again on this sticky topic, at the risk
of sounding like a broken record (an anachronism on the order of the
acoustic piano - well, maybe worse off than the piano). We as technicians
are extremely important pieces of the picture of the acoustic piano world.
We are the interface between client and dealer, and even client and
manufacturer. I feel very strongly that we owe it to ourselves to deal with
the manufacturers in an honest and constructive way. After all, we are
really all on the same team. There is a saying: "Honesty without compassion
is brutality." It IS possible to tell the truth about problems we
encounter, and still show the manufacturers we want them to succeed. I
understand that some people just want to make a fast buck but, honestly, do
you think they'd go into the piano biz if that was their only motive???? If
we take the risk to tell the truth in a helpful and positive way, maybe we
can help the industry as a whole. Not bad for a day's work....

Mary