[CAUT] back duplex

llafargue llafargue@charter.net
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:46:32 -0600

www.lafarguepianos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
David Skolnik
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 5:23 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] back duplex

Lance -
While, to some degree, I understand and respect your reluctance to
appear to be casting aspersion on a particular brand, it strikes me as
somewhat bizarre that, as technicians, we seem to have no qualms about
discussing our fee structures (recently on pianotech), but we're afraid
to speak directly about our experiences, for fear of offending someone.
We live in fear, either of the customers who won't call back, or the
dealers or manufacturers, whom, we seem convinced, are ready to destroy
us, professionally, if we complain.   To be sure, you're not alone in
this.  What would happen if you just said, "This was a ..."?

David Skolnik