[CAUT] 9' Estonia

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 15:58:31 -0500

Hi Avery,

I've been servicing one Estonia 9' concert grand. I don't find it very
good piano. The hammers are super hard, the action is heavy with many
regulation problems (noisy knuckles, springs etc.) I feel the one I'm
servicing always has some kind of surprise for me when I get to it.
I've advised the owner that new softer hammers might help it, but I'm
not even shure the piano deserve it. Lots of false beats and the piano
is either very bright or almost dead. I suspect it's not a very
efficient soundboard & scale design. It's about 10 years old so maybe
they've improved, but I would say they are very "Samick like".

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC