[CAUT] 9' Estonia

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:14:29 -0600

List,

A good customer of mine, the Minister of Music at a fairly large Baptist
Church,
just called me asking about a concert grand. He's going to look at a new
Estonia
and wanted to know if I knew anything about it. I don't. Do any of you? At the
moment they only have a definite $50,000.00 to work with and a
"possibility" of
another $20,000.00 from a 3rd donor. The Estonia was offered to him for
$37,000.00 but he's interested in any information about the longevity, etc.
of it.

The same dealer has also offered to fly in a 9' Bösendorfer and has offered it
for $70,000.00 because he's getting ready to open a new store in the area
where
the church is and would like to have one of his instruments there.

The auditorium is being built now, will seat app. 2,000, a good portion of
which
will be a wrap-around type balcony. Choir loft for 150, small orchestra
pit, etc.
(It's in a fairly high income area.) :-) They've already started planning a
concert
series after the building opens, so he really wants a top notch piano.

The two mentioned above are not the only two choices, of course. I just
wanted to
get input from anyone who's had any experience with the Estonia.

Also any comparisons between it and the Bösendorfer would be welcome.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me. Privately if you'd rather not post
your
comments on the list would also be OK.

Regards,
Avery