[CAUT] Earplugs

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:31:18 -0700

On 11/15/04 10:33 AM, "Alan McCoy" <amccoy@mail.ewu.edu> wrote:

> I take my Westone 9dB filtered earplugs with me everywhere. They cost me
> $120 several years back. Check them out here:
> http://www.westone.com/music/elite.html#es49
>
> I would not be without them. Ever.
>
> Alan
>

> -- Alan McCoy, RPT
> Piano Technician
>
> Eastern Washington University
> 119 Music Bldg
> Cheney, WA 99004
>
> (509) 359-4627
> amccoy@mail.ewu.edu
Hi Alan,
    The Etymotic "universal" (one size fits all) plugs cost $12, and no
appointment with the otolaryngologist (or whatever that title really is) or
ear mold lab. So they're better for the cheapskates among us. A big step up
from using foam, and jiggling them to get a reasonable dB level. Etymotic
does offer a line of ear canal molded ones as well, at 9, 15 and 25 dB.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico