[CAUT] Cleaning Grand Covers

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:34:57 -0800

Got ya!
David I.

From: Susan Kline <skline@peak.org>
To: College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Cleaning Grand Covers

At 04:03 PM 11/18/2004 -0800, you wrote:

How about always positioning the Baldwin keyboard stage right and=
 the rails won't show?

David I.

It's true that they wouldn't show --however, the new piano is the=
 apple of their eye, and pianists are often taking the lid on and=
 off themselves. (Several two-piano teacher teams in town.)  They=
 usually manage to gouge the case near the hinges at least some=
 of the time. The Baldwin case is already pretty beat up, so we=
 decided that the Steinway lid would stay put, and it could face=
 the normal way, showing its fancy brass Steinway logo ...

Susan