[CAUT] back duplex

llafargue llafargue@charter.net
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:55:56 -0600

Thanks to all.

*I did install a Dampp-Chaser, first thing on the first piano because I
anticipated problems from this brand piano being put into an added-on
(enclosed garage with added vent to central A/C) room with inadequate
A/C.

*Don said,
>The lost sound from muting the rear
duplex is very minor imho,

*Do others agree?  I dunno. My understanding was that duplex was to add
color and tone, not just volume/sound.

*>Maybe<, but, would you, after paying that $ want to accept this remedy
for your own "dream piano"?  That's the issue, I think.

*I'm really out of the picture now and won't return or be called, since
the customer accepted the "fix".  I was just curious about what others
would think about the remedy, etc.
*Again, my understanding before I left it was that the factory would
take it back, it was the dealer not wanting to pay shipping and warranty
tunings that was the problem, so another tech was called.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
985.72P.IANO