[CAUT] viewing list formats?

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:04:49 -0500

It was overkill capacity already in place for television application
sitting there doing nothing until they figured out how to run the
internet through it.  Should cost the cable company practically nothing
to offer you that service.

On the other hand, with dial up, capability is having to be constantly
added just to handle voice application growth, let alone data
application growth.

I'm not sure I understand exactly why DSL and dial up aren't exactly
the same thing, just a different piece of equipment sending different
signals through the same capacity.