[CAUT] WHAM!

Lwellerrpt@aol.com Lwellerrpt@aol.com
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:20:39 EST

Jeff-

Here in Southern California, the humidity changes quite often in the fall
and winter.  The winds blowing in from the ocean bring RH of about 55 to  70%.
When it rains, RH inside goes up to 80% or more. The winds  blowing from the
desert bring RH of 5 to 20%.  My husband calls the cycle  of rain storms and
Santa Winds the wash and blow-dry.  It seems like every  few weeks we're
experiencing an extreme.

I'm already having trouble in the new Music building at Chapman U where the
HVAC system isn't fitted with the humidity controlling machinery.  Concert
grand at 442 one day and 438 the next.  Yesterday, the guys who built the
acoustic clouds for the recital hall were exasperated that the beautiful maple
veneer cracked during the last winds.  They were up on the scaffolding  gluing
them back together as I was trying to tune.

Lisa Weller