pay raises wasRe: [CAUT] job opening

David M. Porritt dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:03:18 -0600

From: <Wimblees@aol.com>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: pay raises  wasRe: [CAUT] job opening

--- big snip ---

What I would like to see is for the guidelines to say that to be=
 a qualified CAUT, a piano tuner needs to have a college=
 education, with a minimum 10 years experience in tuning,=
 rebuilding regulating, voicing, etc., and perhaps throw in=
 something about being an RPT in the PTG.

--- snip ---

After 18 years as a contractor here at SMU I just became an=
 employee 90 days ago.  In posting the job that's exactly what=
 they specified.  B.S degree, 10 years experience and PTG=
 membership (didn't specify RPT though I think they should have).=

dave