A 440 Hz Standard

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:38:36 EDT

In a message dated 4/13/04 11:29:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
s.kabat@csuohio.edu writes:
On the other hand.  Does anyone think it's worth another try?  Like what
we
tried to do in Kansas City in 1985?  I would vote YES.  What about you?
We can try, but for the most part, orchestras, and especially the conductors,
have a lot more clout than the piano tuner. If an orchestra tunes regularly
at 442, it is not going to constantly require the piano to be given a pitch
raise. Once it is at 442, it is easier to maintain it there. As far as when an
orchestra goes on tour, if need be, the orchestra will probably tune to what
ever the piano is, unless they are willing to spend the money for the extra
tunings.

Hey, if they are willing to pay us for the work, why not. Don't tell me you
guys would walk away from a tuning, especially if they are willing to pay for
the extra work, because of you're conviction to A440?

Wim