CA ing bridge pins

Jeff Stickney jpstickney@montanadsl.net
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 22:42:46 -0700

Fred, Horace, Ron, and Wim,
	Thanks for your replies.  I have some thin CA on order from Pianotek and
plan to give a try.  I have one piano that gets rather negatively affected
by low RH% in the winter, and am anxious to see if it helps with the false
beats.  I'm pretty convinced that it's not a long-term concern (or even
short-term with a little heat applied) to pull the pins if needed, but it's
an interesting question about the longevity of the benefits if the bond is
not in fact a real strong one.  Do some use heat to help pull the CA down
around the pin, or does the thin stuff do this well enough on it's own?

Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpstickney@montanadsl.net