benches

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:17:20 -0600

Newton Hunt's Mar. 5, 2001 post to the CAUT list follows:

I still say the students should have a wooden box to sit upon.
15x17x19" or any other three dimensions you choose.  Cheap, "adjustable",
replaceable, nearly indestructible and if "uglified" properly will never
walk away.

I got this idea from some boxes with one open side that they dance students
were using as dance props.  I sat upon one and realized that it was strong
and if all sides were closed it would make a simple, cheap and adjustable
piano b(ox)ench.

3/8" plywood with 3/4" cleats, glued and nailed and painted bright primary
colors with some holes drilled in stragic places for easy rotating.

Newton