benches

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:23:22 -0500

Dave,

Newton Hunt had an original approach to this.  He made boxes out of
plywood that functioned well but were too ugly to steal.  He made
them so that the length, width, and height were of unequal
proportions.  Depending on which end you set them on, they would be a
different height for the various sized pianists.

Root around in the archives and see if you can find his directions.
I haven't tried it... yet.  Students here don't steal benches as much
as just break them.  I never wanted to use a chain.  Some klutz would
trip and die on it.

chris

--
Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.