Capo Buzz

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:57:55 -0400

Lance-

Another long shot hope-  The buzz may be happening on the front duplex =
bar. If so, short of reshaping the bar, shoving a tiny sliver of card =
under the string might stop the buzz.

I'll mail my old Revenko-Jones notes tomorrow.  Maybe Ron Koval will =
send the latest!

Ed
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Lance Lafargue=20
  To: 'College and University Technicians'=20
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 9:18 AM
  Subject: RE: Capo Buzz

  So I guess my narrowed question is, given all of these excellent =
posts, is:  With a new B, should I increase the angle and slightly =
narrow the bar on the speaking length side, given everything else I have =
tried?  Is there some consensus, given the problems with the design?  =
And how do I determine if I have a "soft" V-bar?  Voicing did nothing =
permanent but continue to weaken the piano.  I plan to call Steinway =
first before I do anything further.  This owner of a new B is currently, =
officially, depressed  ;  )=20

  =20

  I may first experiment with yarn in the duplex and PVCE glue on that =
segment, before shaping the bar. =20

  =20

  Lance Lafargue, RPT

  LAFARGUE PIANOS