Capo Buzz

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:07:24 -0500

Lance,

I would not take it for granted that this new Steinway requires this
alteration, nor that you can improve the sound in this manner.  Kelly
does a good job of prepping the new Steinway plates, and my
experience is that the capo bars are quite hardened already, as I
mentioned in my previous private post.  I would certainly discuss
this issue with Steinway reps in NYC before proceeding, especially as
regards warranty issues.

Charles

--
Charles Ball, RPT