Buzzing capo duplex

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:21:20 -0700

At 04:56 PM 10/16/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>The late Ernie Juhn used to do a quick fix by putting a little "crazy glue"
>on the string segments just in front of the capo bar - behind the string
>rests.  He put just a little of it on the open lengths, NOT on the capo,
>and NOT on the string rest.  What that did was change the mass of the
>string just enough to get it off resonance with that particular partial,
>and make it quit buzzing, without deading the tone very much.

This works, sort of, using white glue as well.

However, I just don't see the change in mass being the cause of the
improvement.
I think that the glue, being slightly flexible, muffles the string, just
like a
fold of felt would, however not quite as much. It's not exactly what I would
call a fix, but it does help you get down the road in a pinch.

Just MHO.

Susan Kline