50-cm centre pins

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:14:50 +0200

I don't think so, it is the same material as usual center pin (brass ,
nickel plated). The sharp end is one side only.

On some ancient Pleyels (and others)we have these used in lenght that
are the centers for may be 15 or 20 hammer butts - we call that "comb"
actions, not fun to repin.

But the long centers are to be used like the short ones , only they
burnish the bushing when inserted, that's convenient.

Best regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech