DC Systems on Concert pianos

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:13:21 -0400

Sure, I see what you're saying.  But with the installations I've done
there hasn't seemed to be any way to position the tank without having a
problems with the rod contacting a rib somewhere.  So I've resorted to
cutting the rod to fit perfectly between the beams using bolt cutters,
and I fit the hangers so that the hanger rods are far enough below the
top of the beams that the moisture baffle doesn't contact a rib.  With
the new plastic hangers this is much easier to do than with the old
metal ones (which kept falling off, sliding around etc.).  The new
plastic hangers make any installation much faster,  I think.
Jeff