Fire extinguisher

Allan Gilreath agilreath@mindspring.com
Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:45:56 -0400

List,

I'm replying for our good friend and member Clarence Zeches as follows:

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT

South East Regional Vice President

Piano Technicians Guild

706 602-7667

SERVP@ptg.org

Piedmont College in Demorest, Georgia had this happen about 4 years ago.
I went in with a shop vac, stiff bristle paint brush, a smaller brush,
soft rags, and my soundboard cleaner and spent about one hour cleaning.
This was on a Yamaha G2.  We asked the insurance company to keep the
file open on this for a couple of years to see what damage might occur
down the road.  There has been no damage.  I do have to say though, it
depends on the fire extinguisher rating and the chemicals in the
extinguisher.

Clarence Zeches