That dadgumed short SD-10

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Wed, 07 May 2003 16:39:51 -0500

On 5/7/2003 at 2:17 PM Alan McCoy wrote:

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 12:03 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: That dadgumed short SD-10

----- Original Message -----
From: Wimblees@aol.com
To: caut@ptg.org
Sent: May 07, 2003 8:38 AM

In a message dated 5/7/03 10:18:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
edoss@utm.edu writes:

Elwood

You cannot eliminate the bow in the truck. I tried what you whant to
do on the truck in the concert hall, and it didn't solve the problem.
Besides, 1 1/4" is a lot. I don't think the keybed height can be
attributed to the bowed truck. I think the Baldwin probably had
larger casters when it was new, that made the keybed higher. But
maybe Baldwin's are lower than Steinways. I don't know.

It may have had....but, if memory serves, a distance of 28" from the
floor to the tops of the keys was the design standard for these
pianos. I don't ever recall measuring one but do recall being told
this during a meeting of the engineering staff.

Del
David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts