GH-1 Tone problem

Mary Smith marysmith@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 18:51:48 -0500

Hi Danny,

I'm with you on exploring any and all voicing possibilities before doing
something radical like changing string scale. The Yamaha GH-1 is a
particularly problematic piano, and I have yet to hear one that "works" at
the tenor break. I think it is a weak spot in the scale design. There may
be other design flaws as well, which I would be interested to hear about,
if anyone has thoughts about it.

Mary Smith