words fail me......

Becker, Lawrence (BECKERLR) BECKERLR@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:03:09 -0500

Dearest list-

Let me take a contrarian view.  Of course, these designs are extremely
kitchy; but what better way to let people know that there are still Baldwin
pianos being made?  (Got our attention, didn't it?)  I have seen Baldwin
grands coming from the factory since Gibson took over, and they are at least
as good as previously, IMHO.  They even have German hammers now, giving a
sound I like better.

I know they have dealt their dealers dirty.  I feel worse about that than
these circus-poster splendors.  Let us not forget Liberace, after all!

"May you live in interesting times!"...ancient Chinese curse.

Lawrence
Former Baldwin factory worker and Cincinnati-area service co-ordinator.

Lawrence Becker, RPT
Piano Technician
College-Conservatory of Music
University of Cincinnati