Hello

Jorgensen, Michael L jorge1ml@cmich.edu
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:30:31 -0500

Hi Eric,
     My new building's HVAC has been largely fixed due to my complaints coupled with some very diligent administrators and staff.  Some of the modifications included installation of a huge water treatment system to remove minerals which were scaling up the humidifiers and addition of "superheater" coils to reduce summer humidity.  The cheapest fix was discovering that some fan blades were installed backwards in air handlers. Balancing and controlling the system has been another challenge.  However, after considerable effort and money,  it is working now and my pianos are staying in tune and standards are higher now.
Don't give up, though it will take a commitment from above and help from external engineers.  It took four years to get this done, and my spirit is much better now.  You might be surprised what things will be found if someone studies your HVAC system.
-Mike Jorgensen