Baldwin Action Problem

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:00:41 -0500

At 09:40 AM 1/27/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Jeff-
>Sounds familiar. I just called and arranged to pull the action and have it
>on the bench for 2 days. I'll let you know how it turns out.  If needed, I
>might even grind a mm offthe tops of those darned rep. lever screws. An
>action ought to give us a range of choices for all those touch
>parameters...in my dreams....;)
>Ed

Check the action spread.
SD 10 & SF 12           4 31/64"        113.9mm
L,R,M,B & Chick. 410, 507       4 27/64"        112.3mm
MP                              4 7/16"         112.7mm

I think I retrieved these numbers from Baldwin and they're written in my
Action Handbook.

Or an easy way to set it is to have it such that the jack is perpendicular
to the shank at rest.

The spread may be too great, causing the shank to rebound on the rep. lever
adj. screw.
Try turning them in the button deeper, as mentioned before.

Regards,

Jon