Palm Nailer tuning pin tip (Baldwin) - how to have it covered.

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:59:39 +0100

Hello,

For those of you that use the special tip (originally made for Baldwin) with
a Palm Nailer, you have may be try to glue some cardboard, or some leather
at the extremity, to be cautious with the gold paint of the frame when
stringing (while I've noticed the tip is in fact not marring the finish
really, if you go quiet while "nailing").

I've used a piece of tubular thermo retractile material, used for
electricity wiring isolation. The tube is thick at first, I make a kind of
collar around the Nailer tip, and warm the tube.

Then it takes a perfect fit around the edges of the metal tip, then, I cut
the part of it which is in the apertures that allow the tool to be used
around a string coil, and that's it, the end of my tip are now plastic
covered, and less susceptible to mar my nice piano plate.

I may say here that Danair people have been very efficient and helpful,
while delivering me the Nailer, then sending me for free some goodies to use
it more efficiently. I have appreciate a lot their tool and the way they
make business.

Best regards to all.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.