OT found in piano

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:23:10 -0600

On Tuesday, January 21, 2003, at 10:42  AM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> Of course anything in the piano is the owners.  They never fail to
> be impressed with that little pile of coins I leave on the table with
> the straws, guitar picks etc...;-]

I pile things up for the customer as well, except I draw the line at
paper clips. They are a pain to remove from the tuning pin area and can
get into incredibly weird small places in the action. I tell people, "A
piano should be a paper-clip-free zone. I'm confiscating these." It's
only gotten laughs -- so far. I've heard people go repeat the line to a
spouse, laughing. "The piano tuner says..."

I get more than enough clips this way to clip all my bank deposits.  :)

Kent Swafford