Budget Cuts

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:47:01 -0600 (CST)

The state of Illinois is looking at a $5,000,000,000 (yup, that's BILLION)
budget deficit. University employees received no cost of living increase
last year, and don't know what to expect for next year. My shop rebuilding
budget of approximately $24K was shot down. We have a new governor who may
look to higher education for some major cuts.

At least I still have a job! Any of us could probably do well enough in
the self-employed area, but no paid vacations, oh my! : )

John Minor
University of Illinois