Yamaha key bushings (ideas how to remove)

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:32:59 +0100

Hello, and best wishes for 2003,

A friend of mine that is douing pretty good keyboard work said me he have
good result with the steaming method, but he steam oxalic acid (wear a
resirator) to soften the white glue if used.

A thin linen and not too much acid, and he pretend the bushing fall easely.

I personally ordered the special kettle from Renner Germany and it works
good (4 keys at a time) , as the steaming elements are hot enough to soften
the glue.
So I did not use the acid method myself.

Hope that help

Regards

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos et pianos de concert.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy
94400 VITRY sur SEINE
FRANCE