after ring

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 16:53:55 -0800

I have found that usually these front duplex areas start making noise when the
hammers get compacted/harder.  Shift the action and see if the noises get
better...Softer felt... I always pull them out and seat the strings at the termination
bar leading to the tuning pins, then do some hammer voicing.  It is something that
might have to be dealt with on a regular basis with that piano but so be it.

David I.