regular tool tools

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:23:48 -0700

Re: regular tool toolsHi Vince.
The tool that I have in mind is for use in replacing or removing the =
buttons with an electric drill.
When replacing the rubber knuts Spelling intended to get past the fire =
wall <O( the tool is adjustable so that only a few turns need to be done =
by hand.
On the other tools you will have to show me so that I can clearly see =
what you mean.=20
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Vincent E. Mrykalo=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 6:11 PM
  Subject: Re: regular tool tools

  Joe,
  Not to be contrary or anything, but what is a back check removing tool =
doing in a regulating tool kit?...

  What is the "grand damper tool"?

  Here are a few humble suggestions: a screw stringer-type let-off tool =
(which can double as a glide bolt tool), possibly a ratchet -type that =
has a much smaller head than the catalogue ones which are useless =
because they are too big, a butterfly spring reg. tool, a square head =
capstan wrench (possibly one that has another end on it to fit the older =
tilted hex-type caps. (Steinway, etc.), a grand damper wire bending tool =
(similar to the Hart tool, but without the handle, of course), and some =
kind of wire bending pliers, possibly like the Hale ones we used to be =
able to get, which were small and had a hole near the fulcrum to allow =
you to miss the bridle wire when bending back check wires.

      Hi all,
      I am in the process of designing a new more compact regulation =
tool kit and would like some helpful ideas as what to include.
      So far my list includes:

      non-directional eye screw turner ( the one that looks like a 4 =
leaf clover inside)
      grand small spade capture tool (very thin) (female)
      grand large spade capture tool (female)
      damper screw capture tool (male)
      grand damper tool (very thin)
      back check removing tool
      improved Kimball rubber nut regulator (will be able to be adjusted =
for depth)
      improved flange screw driver blade
      capstan regulator (wood or brass holes)
      upright flange spacer 11/16" blade
      key spacer (offset)
      4" extension bit with  knurled shaft to use for light or fine use.

      All of the above will have a hex shaft that will fit a standard =
multi bit screwdriver handle.
      Phillips and slotted blades have not been included in the list as =
they are available at any hardware store as is a hammer shank drill bit.

      All of the above tools to have a small case

      If you think of a tool bit thar might merit inclusion please let =
me know

    Joe Goss
    imatunr@srvinet.com
    www.mothergoosetools.com