Mathushek spinet grand

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:13:23 EST

In a message dated 1/3/03 10:49:40 AM Central Standard Time, fssturm@unm.edu
writes:

> It's a fascinating instrument

I put a new pin block in one about 10 years ago. It wasn't a difficult job,
but surely not an ordinary one. If I recall, the pin block is in two section,
a treble and a bass. It is only about 1" thick, so I had to get the shortest
tuning pins available. As Fred said, it tuned up quite nice.

The customer for whom I did the work had me tune the piano on a regular
basis, (once a year), although it probably could have used two or maybe even
three tunings a year. She actually bought it from someone who asked me to
tune it about a year earlier. But I told her that the piano was untuneable
because of the bad pin block. I can't remember what the current owner paid
for the piano, but even with the repair, she wound up with a very nice little
instrument for a reasonable cost.

Wim