Harpsichord hitch pin loops

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:27:19 -0600

At 14:21 02/25/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Fred et al:
>
>I have a loop maker to make bass string style loops (I bought it when
>I had to string a Mason & Hamlin "A" with all those single strings in
>the treble).  Could that make appropriate loops for the harpsichord
>strings?  I need to put on a string in a few days.  The last string I
>put on a harpsichord I was not proud of!
>
>dave

That loop maker works well for thick, stiff wire.

Hc stuff just either breaks while doing the open twist, is too skinny to be
gripped in the clamp or slips right out of the hole when you go to make the
tight coils and you have to make the tight coils by hand anyway.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.