S&S upright actions

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:19:50 +0100

I remember running into this some years back and it had to do with the
angle of the jack to the  knuckle at rest if I remember correctly. Thats
going to be to some degree influenced by Hammer Bore amoung other
things. If you cant change that, then I think you are going to have to
cheat on blow distance to have a chance of it playing satisfactorilly. A
quick check would be to wegde the rest rail forward a little, take  up
the lost mostion at the capstan, and compensate with less key dip.

It might be worth a try anyways. If that doesnt work... then perhaps its
because the hammer butt just plane cant get forward enough for the jack
to easily clear the knuckle.,,, in which case you need a different
hammer bore... or what ?

RicB

--
Richard Brekne